Community Kids Montebello Early Education Centre
Welcome to Community Kids Montebello in Mount Gambier. Our child care centre is located 7 minutes’ drive from Mount Gambier Central Shopping Centre. We are a convenient choice for local families living in the Suttontown and Mount Gambier areas. Our homely Montebello child care centre in Mount Gambier offers early childhood education and care for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years from 6:30am to 6:30pm.
Our Mount Gambier child care centre has a team of highly qualified and passionate early childhood teachers and educators dedicated to ensuring every child feels safe, nurtured, and inspired throughout their early learning journey. To ensure our families feel connected to their child's learning and development, we provide daily updates and photos detailing their child's day, as well as their learning goals and progress, which is accessible on our family app.
Our Montebello child care centre in Mount Gambier is designed to be a home away from home that encourages every child’s exploration. Our resource-rich early learning environments have been carefully designed to immerse your child into a world of exploration, curiosity, and learning.
Our four learning spaces extends onto our three beautiful and sustainable outdoor environments, which encourages endless opportunities for play! Our outdoor environments include climbing equipment, rock ponds, mud kitchens, sandpits and sheltered tabletop experiences for outdoor eating and small group play. This is to benefit our children to safely develop their strength, balance, and self-confidence through play.
Play is essential to every child's learning and development. It enables children to make decisions, learn, take risks, and have fun. At our Mount Gambier child care centre, our experienced team plan play-based learning activities in line with national standards. The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) is designed to engage in your child’s interests and allow them to experience each day in a new way, supporting their learning in the lead-up to primary school.
Our Early Learning Curriculum also provides children with:
- Real Life experiences: Children participate in fun and exciting experiences such as harvesting the veggie garden, caring for our pet fish and turtle and basic cooking skills and creating art with our very own art teacher.
- Sustainability program: Each age group participates in a sustainability project that help children embed sustainable practices into everyday life. Children learn about recycling, conserving water, growing food and the importance of looking after and protecting our planet.
- Community engagement activities: We often have visits from local community local police, and other community services in Mount Gambier to help familiarise the children with their local community. We also have excursions to our local park in Montebello drive area and when children have an interest in a particular area, we strive to extend on this and have an excursion to a place of their choice. For example, last year we had children interested in transport, so we visited our local airport. If children are interested in the farm animals, we are then taking them to a farm.
- Movement programs: Our programs have been designed to help develop fundamental skills that help support children’s self-regulation, memory and concentration.
- Sporting program: we currently have a weekly sporting program that supports children in further refining their gross and fine motor skills as part of their overall physical development.
We provide children with nutrient-rich, fresh and seasonal whole foods created to please even the fussiest of eaters. For variety, our menu rotates every four weeks, catering to the unique dietary requirements of every child. We also offer a cooking class each week for the children.
We look forward to partnering with you and your family to provide information, support, and high-quality early education and care in your child’s formative years. Book a tour or contact our Family Support Team to start your journey with us today.
Why you’ll love Community Kids Montebello Early Education Centre
These are just some of the highlights included in your child’s early childhood education and care experience at our centre.
Take a walk in your child’s footsteps
Every day is a different adventure with children, but there are some key elements that make your child’s time so enjoyable at our Community Kids early education centres. Scroll through the below to see what a typical day might look like.
Our purposeful and inspiring rooms
In our nursery rooms, you will see babies engaging individually or in small groups in different types of age-appropriate play.
In the toddler rooms, our teachers and educators provide experiences to support young children in becoming curious and creative problem solvers.
Our kindergarten program caters to each child's strengths and needs, for their smooth and successful transition to school.
Convenient opening hours to support your busy family life!
|Monday||06:30 AM - 06:30 PM|
|Tuesday||06:30 AM - 06:30 PM|
|Wednesday||06:30 AM - 06:30 PM|
|Thursday||06:30 AM - 06:30 PM|
|Friday||06:30 AM - 06:30 PM|
|Age Group||Daily Fee|
Note: fees effective from 10 July 2023.
Your family’s daily out-of-pocket cost will depend on your Childcare Subsidy (CCS) entitlements.
We also offer 9-hour, 10-hour and full-day options at our centre which could help optimise your child care subsidy.
If this is your child’s first time in child care, or you’re unsure about the subsidy, learn more about how to apply for the subsidy. Our team of experts are always on hand to guide you through the process. Call 1800 411 604.